Periodic slowing down of frame rates

Woodmouse 18 22:39 10 Mar 09

I am running Windows Vista, Intel Core 2 Duo/Core ATX, 4Gb Ram, 256Mb nVidia GeForce 8600 GT with 2 22" Monitors. It has been working fine for some weeks, but all of a sudden, I am experiencing the following : The flight sim programme of whatever runs fine for about 3 minutes, then slows down to a snails-pace for another 3 minutes or so, then runs quite smoothly again for another 3 minutes, then slow again. This happens on other programs I am running. I have looked at Virtual Memory and various other options but no success. Has anyone any ideas what is going on with my set-up. Please can anyone help.

Graphicool1 12:27 11 Mar 09

Have you got anything running in the background. A virus checker or the like. I use AVAST.It's icon is in the task bar and it rotates periodically as it checks files etc.

When the system slows bring up your 'Task Manager' and check what's running.

Woodmouse 18 17:35 11 Mar 09

I have checked Task Manager, and nothing is running in the background. I have closed all other applications, but it is still happening. I have asked someone in a computer shop, and he suggests that I examine my 2 2Gb ram sticks, the onboard memory of my Graphics Card and the Power Supply. If you have any other ideas, please share them with me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…