Perfnet Error

numskull 08:35 11 Sep 06

I keep getting Perfnet errors.

"Unable to open the Server service. Server performance data will not be returned. Error code is in data DWord 0"

Can anyone help please?

Graham. 08:52 11 Sep 06

Googling suggests it may be a hard drive problem. Here's one forum click here

Dipso 21:11 11 Sep 06

Have you run scans for nasties recently? The only reference to and IP address of oooooooooo I could find mentioned malware. Won't do any harm to check I suppose.

anskyber 21:15 11 Sep 06

This may be totally unrelated but have a look. click here

numskull 19:39 12 Sep 06

I found this after googling the problem:-

This is not a fatal error, merely a diagnostic one. The error simply indicates that the Server service is not running and is not going to be polled for performance counters. This isn't a problem unless you're retrieving performance information for the Server service, so this error can usually be ignored.

One common reason it shows up is if the File and Print Services for Microsoft Networks component is not present. Another is if the performance counters for the Server service are not correctly installed; it may be possible to fix that by issuing the following commands:
winmgmt /clearadap
winmgmt /resyncperf -p304

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…