Perfect Nav Parasite?

GLK 16:45 27 Feb 04

I seem to have had my internet explorer hijacked by a possible parasite which results in the webpage "Perfect Nav" being displayed at frequent intervals thereby interfering with any navigation I am undertaking. I have contacted a friend who suggested going to the URL click here - this has failed because each time I try to get in I am diverted to "Perfect Nav" again! Grateful for any advice as to how to rid my PC of this apparent parasite.

Many thanks

Graham

JFT 17:02 27 Feb 04

Have you intalled Kazza or any other file sharing program as this usually gets installed along with it?

VoG II 18:47 27 Feb 04

Try Ad-Aware click here and Spybot click here

If they fail (or you get redirected again) CWShredder might do the trick click here

Once sorted get click here and click here

VoG II 18:20 29 Feb 04

via e-mail:

VoG Many thanks for your comprehensive response with your helpful advice and supporting sites. I have run all three of Adware 6, Spybot - Search and Destroy and CW Shredder. Various parasites were found and removed = but not 'Perfect Nav' and my system is now declared clear by all three cleaners! Have you got any other suggestions as to how to remove this infuriating intruder? Regards Graham

===============================================

Please respond by posting to the thread. E-mail is for private correspondence between forum members.

Try this manual removal method click here - print out and follow to the letter.

VoG II 18:37 29 Feb 04

Before you do that try Bazooka click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac