Perfect Disk Defragmentation Problem

hunt1 23:49 01 Nov 05

I have a 150GB hard disk that became excessively fragmented following too much gaming, downloading and video editing. Windows XP defrag tool had little effect on the 38% fragementation, and disk keeper lite didn't fare much better. I've now run Perfect Disk several times, both online and offline with some succes, however there are still many Gigabytes of files that are being excluded from the defrag - appear to be mainly large multimedia files. Looking at the log I see these files are described as "access denied".

Is there anything I can do or should do?

Splork 23:50 01 Nov 05

If it doesn't hamper your use of the PC, no.

Splork 23:50 01 Nov 05

But you could try this click here

ashdav 00:02 02 Nov 05

Certain Windows files cannot be accessed by Perfectdisk because they are in use by the OS or are protected against corruption by external programs (including Perfectdisk). Sometimes you get a file which will never be completely defragged for whatever reason but it doesn't seem to affect performance. I've used PD for 2 years and it has always been reliable. I don't think you need to worry about it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…