pentium or athlon

I am soon to buy a new computer but can not decided which proccessor to go for. Primary uses for the computer will be digital photography, DTP(home office), music and internet access. There will be some gaming but limited. The computer will have 1gb ram, 120gb hard disk, cd-rw, dvd-rw, home office software,digital image software etc. Can anyone suggest which proccessor would be beneficial for this use or is there not much difference.Thanks

Totally-braindead 21:47 18 Aug 04

There isn't much difference, I believe that the Intel chip is meant to be better at graphics intensive applications but whether its worth the huge price differnce between the chips is debatable, in my opinion at least. Leave this thread open and see what others think. From my point of view the AMD chip is much better value. But then I'm biased, I've been using AMD chips since my Intel Pentium 200 went to the big computer graveyard in the sky.

bremner 21:50 18 Aug 04

You will notice no difference.

Buy which ever one appears to offer the best bang for your bucks.

wicked willy 22:17 18 Aug 04

You will notice no Difference except that you will be able to tap your Wallet Pocket Bill

wicked willy 22:17 18 Aug 04

You will notice no Difference except that you will be able to tap your Wallet Pocket Bill

citadel 23:29 18 Aug 04

intel is faster for video editing etc, amd is faster for games.

thanks for all the feedback

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…