Pentium M or Mobile Athlon 64

My father has asked me to choose a laptop for him as he is going to start his own business and will loose the one he currently has off his company.

He has told me he is willing to pay upto £2000 for a laptop and wants it to be able to handle anything he throws at it. He also plays Medal of Honor online on a regular basis.

I found a good Eveham laptop click here that uses a Pentium M processor

I know that there have been many AMD or Intel threads in this forum before but i have only seen them for the desktop processors. I am wondering how the 2 processors compare in the laptop industry as Intel seem to have a much greater dominance in laptops than they do in desktops. Would it be worth getting an Athlon 64 so that it can handle 64 bit software when it arrives or not.
Also, how are the effects on power consumption by the processors as battery life is an important factor.

Finally, how are Evesham, MESH and Dell laptops. Any recommendations?

Thanks, David

^^ bump ^^

please, someone must know...

can someone please enlighten me???

Thanks, David

sicknote 23:58 24 Jun 04

Are these any help

click here

click here

click here

thanks sicknote. Those links enforce the idea that the Athlons give better performance but the Pentium Ms give longer battery life.

Finally, can anyone give any recommendations for laptop manufacturers?

Thanks, David

sicknote 00:17 25 Jun 04

I don't think Dell use AMD !!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…