Pentium III Processor where?

Legolas 15:52 22 Apr 03

I am looking for a pentium III processor does anyone know where I can buy one I have been to a couple of computer fairs recently but there seems to be a shortage of them at these events.

Legolas 16:10 22 Apr 03

Sorry I should have said it needs to be a slot 1

stoner 17:49 22 Apr 03

Hi Legolas, been chatting to you on my own thread "has my CPU blown?" to which you have kindly provided some good pointers .....

if my motherboard has blown, which I will go and check tomorrow, then the whole kit is pretty useless and I will sell my PEntium III CPU. Not sure what issue and speed it is (700MHz) with the motherboard (when it worked!) or whether it is Slot 1? Will do some research and get back to you.

Legolas 17:56 22 Apr 03

Dont sell of your stuff just get a new m/b they are not all that expensive. The one I have was £45 from ebuyer. just get the m/b and swop everything from your old one to the new one. If your processor is a slot 1 then you will need to get a slot 1 m/b.

clayton 18:36 22 Apr 03
  Rayuk 18:45 22 Apr 03

If you cannot find a slot 1 cpu can you not use a slot/socket converter?
click here
Not that familiar with Intel cpus so excuse me if I have it all wrong.

Legolas 18:49 22 Apr 03

Thanks clayton I had a look there earlier and missed some of the ones you found I have put a bid in for one

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…