Pentium 4 processor compatibility

Mr >++<> 12:08 30 Sep 06

Okay, so I've had my p4 2.4GHz for years now. For detail here is everything written on the chip.

INTEL MC'81
PENTIUMr4
2.4GHZ/512/400/1.5V
SL68T PHILIPPINES
7236A429-0293

Originally I had an intel motherboard, Afraid I can't remember the name of that one.

A couple of years ago, I upgraded to a new gigabyte mothboard (GA-8SIMLH-P Rev 4.1) Which works fine still.

But recently I needed to have 8x AGP for a nice new card I got so I had to upgrade.

I bought the ASrock P4i65G (tried 2 in the end) and they both didn't do anything. (Powered on, no monitor action, no beep codes.) Which apparently means processor was not detected.

So I took that back and have just tried another Gigabyte mobo (GA-81865GME) and this one just gives continuous short beeps (@ around 10 beeps per sec? Very fast anyway.) Apparently indicating a broken processor.

Needless to say, having put the processor back into the mobo I was trying to upgrade from, it still works fine.

The only thing customer support could suggest - since my processor should be compatible given the specs - was that it was an earlier revision of the processor, something along those lines.

I was wondering if anybody might have any idea why this might be, or even suggest another board which might be suitable?

Just need my 8x AGP.

I'm kinda' stumped. Any ideas?

Mr. Fish LMXIV

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…