//some 3rd party need geo

Pentium 4 HELP!!!!!????

Tk_RiceZ 12:51 18 Jul 03

does anyone know what max the p4 3.06 will clock upto without any additional fans?????

the P4 itself has a locked clock multiplier you will only be able to ramp up the fsb and the core voltage, the benefit you will see with a 3.06 will be negligable and not worth the risk, you shouldnt overclock without a utility that measures your temperatures so that you can see when the temperature is reaching a danger level, extra fans are about £10 quid ,a new 3.06 is how much?

Tk_RiceZ 13:09 18 Jul 03

£330 for a new 3.06, well i've got the fsb to 139 and is running at 3.2........increasing the core voltage will benefit me.....how????and what does it do????

yes i do have a core centre to measure my temp, it's average at 56 deg.

anymore reccomendations???

i'm not going to tell you not to overclock a machine cos its great fun but i would really suggest you practice on an old machine until you understand all the principals completely, maybe you have considerably more money than me (which wouldnt be difficult) but £330 is a lot of money to send up in smoke

at 56degrees average its probably wise to think of extra cooling now .

anyway good luck. H

Tk_RiceZ 14:05 18 Jul 03

i know its fun to overclock, but you haven't told me how increasing the core voltage will help??????

all i can do is change my fsb at the moment and until u tell me how core voltage helps i wnt tamper with it....

care to explain horiz??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…