Pentax digital camera software

hugeb 00:35 02 Feb 04

can anyone help?
I have a pentax optio 330GS digital camera which I used with my old laptop. I am starting a new job and had to give my old laptop back. I now have a new laptop but cannot find the installation disks to download the necessary software so that my new laptop will recognise it. Where can I get the software? I have been on the Pentax web site but could not see anything to indicate software downloads.

ton 00:43 02 Feb 04

If the camera uses memory cards you could get a card reader and not bother about the software. usually quicker and less hassle.

DieSse 00:49 02 Feb 04

If your new laptop uses WinXP - and your camera has a USB connection. Just plug it in, and it will probably be detected, and the Mass Sorage driver loaded automatically - whereupon the camera will appear as another drive in Explorer.

You can then simply open your pictures in whatever application you wish, or copy them to a hard drive or CD.

hugeb 00:57 02 Feb 04

DieSse.............Have tried connecting the camera but XP does not recognise it and when I connect to the internet it does not find anything.
ton.............Looks like I will just have to get a card reader. Thanks for help

ton 01:01 02 Feb 04

Card readers (and cards) good and cheap here click here

DieSse 01:49 02 Feb 04

Sorry to be persistent - but I've connected quite a lot of different cameras, and never had one not detected - what happens? - are you sure you've put the camera into the correct mode?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…