PENTAX 1ST DL CAMERA

wullie294 14:21 31 Mar 08

Hi all...I have recently purchased a used Pentax 1st DL body, but unfortunately the seller did not have the CD/software that came with the camera originally ((i.e....Software CD-ROM S-SW34))....Anyone suggest where I might obtain this??

Regards, Bill D

dagbladet 14:34 31 Mar 08

This any good?

click here

wullie294 16:08 31 Mar 08

Hi...possibly...as I don't know exactly what the original CD-ROM contained...or what drivers(?) or operating software were included (?) Would be great if I could lay my hands on an original CD

Anyone else suggest where I might pick one up ???

Totally-braindead 16:15 31 Mar 08

I don't think you really need any software, not on XP anyway. It will identify it as another hard drive.

jack 16:46 31 Mar 08

Echoing T-Bd
Strictly speaking no digi cam needs software to upload images -ME/2000/XP/Vista simply reads cameras as another drive.
The perceived wisdom with such discs is to leave it in the box.
Some folk state a preference for a particular software - Olympus for example.
But a straightforward image editor will do all that's required and more for free image editors The Gimp/Googles Picassa and Serif -offer free version of older stuff[but be prepared for the e-mail nag to buy the update.]

wullie294 17:53 31 Mar 08

OK....thanks all...Possibly I felt deprived at not obtaining a CD-ROM in the transaction with the seller...I've ordered the appropriate USB cable to transfer images to Paint Shop Pro on the PC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017