pendrive's

Daiol 18:22 21 Jul 07

HI,I was reading an article the other day about a chap who had spybot and other spyware software on his usb pendrive,and not on his pc i was wondering if it wasn't installed on any pc how was he running the spybot etc, on any machine to check for errors spyware without it being installed on the pc it was just on his pendrive.Puzzles me or is it me? help.Thanks daiol.

VoG II 18:41 21 Jul 07

I think he probably had the installer executables on the pen drive. Then he could go to any PC with a USB port and install the program without having to download (especially if the internet connection wasn't working).

I've done a similar thing with a collection of anti-malware and diagnostic programs burned to a CD.

some more info
click here
portable apps
click here

Daiol 18:47 21 Jul 07

VoG,thanks for reply,so what i can understand that he still had to install the spybot program onto the other pc then it wasn't all done from the pendrive?,thanks daiol.

click here
from spybot forum

Belatucadrus 18:55 21 Jul 07

Some anti security progs like click here Dr.Web CureIt can be installed to a pendrive, then used to scan the hard drive of any PC. It's a bit trial and error as some make registry changes on installation and don't work as true stand alone applications. Those that do will only work as remote scanners, any live protection isn't going to work.

Daiol 15:58 26 Jul 07

sorry i haven't got back to you regarding the pendrive question but i did work it all out eventually thanks to the help from this forum i would be totaly lost without this forum,thanks again great assistance.daiol.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…