Pendrive unexpectedly becomes essential partition

NuclearPinguin 22:37 14 Jun 09

A few weeks ago I was tasked with editing a 10 hour recording into a 20 minute film with a two week deadline. For this I was sure I'd need to have my computer at it's best, so I immediately began deleting unused files and uninstalling programs, in order to make my computer run more smoothly. Furthermore, I attempted to increase the partition where my windows was installed with the Acronis Disk Director Suite. That's where the problems started.
When I finished installing the suite, and opened the program, it began scanning the computer for all known partitions, then prompting me to restart my computer. When it came back on: boom. The partition that shared the hard disk with the windows partition was gone, simply vanished. After a few hours of pure despair (remembering I had stored the 10 hours of video on that partition), i noticed that windows or acronis had, for some bizarre reason, removed the (E:/) from the partition, thus making it unread. I fixed this, and proceeded to get the editing job done.
Now the job is done, and my pockets are lined. With the spare time, i decided I'd carry on with the writer's hobby of mine, and decided to open a .doc file stored on my pen drive which had spent the entire process and past few weeks attached to my computer, completely unused.
When I open it, what do I find? Nothing - whiteness, a big white void on my screen. In another few hours of despair I attempted to remove the Pendrive and open it in other computers, to no avail. The strange part however, is that windows will not start without the pendrive, leading me to believe it has become a boot disk or a flash memory drive for windows.
My computer reads the 8 giga pendrive to have 1.14MB of free space and 255KB of used space, and to have a FAT file system. Acronis sees it to have a 7,4 giga capacity, yet has 1,14 MB of free space.
I'm getting pretty desparate hear, I really want to recover whats on this pendrive, but I'm afraid to do anything that might worsen the situation. I have tried the Acronis Partition recovery function to no avail.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5