Pen not pressure sensitive any more?

Diemmess 20:12 27 Jan 07

Was using a very old Pen Partner and Corel Photopaint v 12 everything the rudimentary pressure "nib" worked fine. (Win 2000 SP4)

I treated myself to a fancy version of Wacom (Intuos 3). As recommended, uninstalled the old Pen Partner drivers first.

Installed the new drivers and Intuos. Updated the drivers from Wacom site.

Result:
Everything working as it should except that no way can I make any of the painting tools behave as pressure sensitive.

Have tested the Wacom Properties on Device Manager and also worked through the short routine in Photopaint to apply pressure characteristics to a Paint tool.
Both ways using the app's own Help - appeared to show it working.

Back in Photopaint again, there is still the sort of effect I would expect from a standard mouse.
Anyone ideas please?

Diemmess 10:14 28 Jan 07

There's something simple I'm missing.....
Currently in one of those mental loops where I go round and round without seeing a tick box perhaps, or some "moment of truth."

Diemmess 11:01 29 Jan 07

A frustrating weekend but at last.

Monday:
Talked to Paulo (Wacom)
He said find and delete tablet.dat in System32
The reason is that Windows has its own generic tablet data and by deleting this file is forced to look for better in the tablet's own drivers on rebooting.

I did as I was told and ..... no difference!!
There is a vast choice of tools in Corel Photopaint tools and this time I tried "Quick Doodler" - Bingo!

Silly to have spent so long missing the vital thing.

The irony is I don't need this for most of what I do in Photopaint, but my youngest grandaughter will be thrilled when next she comes to play.

€dstowe 11:05 29 Jan 07

Not seen your post until now but, seems an odd problem. Haven't ever experienced it on our tablets.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…