peer to peer webcam

wobbler 10:08 27 Feb 03

I have been using MSN Messenger "talk" option to have a real time audio conversation with a relative in the States and it works fine, if not a little un reliable. I/we wish to go a step further and add a web cam so we can view ans speak, but, where do I start? I have bought a webcam ad installed it ok, but dont know where to go from here. Any thoughts or help greatly appreciated.

vaughan007 11:24 27 Feb 03

This question turns up quite often.

Instead of msn messenger...use yahoo messenger. It is the best webcam "chat" prog around (in my opinion). Easy to use, as reliable as chat progs get, etc.

And if you both have microphones you can talk and view each other at the same time. Which is nice.

Go to click here (I think) or search for it in a search engine.

Download the software, install it, make a username and password.....and away you go webcam chatting to your US relatives.

Yahoo have a help section on the web too...just in case you get stuck setting it up. But it really is quite easy.

Have fun

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…