pease help, im infected !!

agent 47 09:40 19 Apr 07

hi,
i downloaded a program called morphxox pro,
and when i installed it, everything froze on my pc?
now my desktop seems to be locked, its af is my mouse wont do anything at all? i think ive got a virus or something?
ive tried starting in safe mode and running a virus scan but it gets to a certain part then freezes, so it wont let me scan anything?
the only way i can do out is open task manager with "ctrl alt delete" is this thing hidden? i have win xp pro.
please help!!!!
thanks, agenthank!

birdface 09:58 19 Apr 07

Try,Last good configuration in safe mode,Or better still try System restore in safe mode,Restore to a date before you had the problem.

johndrew 10:42 19 Apr 07

As you can get into `Safe Mode`, go to Add/Remove and uninstall the program. You will probably still need to clean your system with some good malware removal tools.

For the future stay away from Warez sites they are not good for your health. To help in this use Firefox and McAfee SiteAdvisor.

agent 47 10:44 19 Apr 07

ok ive sorted it,but wat was the problem?
i went into msconfig and unchecked this
"dumprep 0 -k %SYSTEMROOT%/system32/dumprep 0 -k
software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run"

restarted and it was ok?

what happened?
agenthank!

birdface 10:54 19 Apr 07

Like johndrew said try this, click here This one is for internet explorer you need another one if you use Firefox,Warns you of any bad sites that you open and takes up very little room on your toolbar.When you get your system running again I would download it.

riiverstock 11:03 19 Apr 07

agent 47,just for the record what anti-virus program is installed?And any other security spyware programs used.

agent 47 11:41 19 Apr 07

ok, it came back again? so i did a system restore and is ok now:)
im using avast antivirus and zonealarm firewall also
spybot search and destroy, also ad-aware se pro,
and im using firefox,
thanks guys, agenthank

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…