PE_ARIS.A virus ?????

Andy.F. 12:13 20 Mar 03

I ran a virus scan this morning using fixit and it come up with PE_ARIS.A which was defined as a virus. The program was unable to remove it and I went to the site for a definition of it but was unable to find any. Having tried in Google I still had no luck. Do any of you clever folks know if this is going to be any problem or can I ignore it.... I thank you in advance for any info you may give. I may not be back on line till early this evening so apologise in advance if I don't thank any replies quickly. Sorry, I should have mentioned that the said virus is in program files grokster exe. which I've been using for over a year....once again, thankyou. Andrew.

MAJ 12:18 20 Mar 03

Housecall click here knows about it. If you do a scan there, it might be able to remove it.

Andy.F. 13:47 20 Mar 03

no joy MAJ m'friend. I tried 3 times and on each attempt housecall got to update file 95 and then closed being unable to complete the desired update. Thankyou for your help. Andrew.

MAJ 14:07 20 Mar 03

Grokster has Spyware associated with it, Andy.F. Try a download, update and run of "Adaware6" click here and "Spybot Search and Destroy" click here see if they can remove the problem.

Andy.F. 14:22 20 Mar 03

yes MAJ, I ran adaware and the spyware was shown. I can only presume that's what the virus is. I've been running grokster for over a year and it's never shown me this as a virus definition before. Last night I updated my virus scanner and did a scan this morning, it was then it was displayed. I can only think that it's only showing me it because the update has included it in it's virus definitions...hope so anyway. If I delete all of the spyware grokster dosen't work properly...thanks for your help m'friend, I'll give Housecall another go tonight and see if I have any more luck. I'll call this one sorted..thankyou...Andrew

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…