PDFs won't print

Leepaci 14:17 02 Nov 07

I am using an HP Laserjet 2605dtn and for some reason it just refuses to print pdfs. I have downloaded the latest drivers but it still won't play ball. All other documents it prints with no problems at all.

Marko797 14:19 02 Nov 07

that the printer settings haven't defaulted to the pdf printer (instead of ur normal printer), which sometimes happens.

Leepaci 15:19 02 Nov 07

I have made sure that this is the default printer.

Technotiger 16:25 02 Nov 07

What program are you using to read the pdf's - and does that program need updating perhaps.

Taff™ 16:47 02 Nov 07

Following on from Technotiger`s post - Tell us the Operating System (Vista?) and your default PDF Viewer (Adobe Reader or another program)

Leepaci 16:54 02 Nov 07

I am using Windows XP SP2 and have tried using Adobe Reader versions 6, 7 and 8.

Technotiger 16:56 02 Nov 07

Have you previously been able to print pdf's, if so, perhaps a System Restore back to when you could?

Leepaci 16:58 02 Nov 07

I have been able to print them using other printers but never with the HP 2605dtn.

Technotiger 17:36 02 Nov 07

Hmm, I have had a look via Google, it seems others have the same problem with yours and other similar printers. SO I am afraid I can't suggest a remedy, other than to put the problem to HP's on-line support.

click here

Marko797 17:51 02 Nov 07

are good.

I thought my printer was goosed, but they told me (owing to the parked position of the cartridge when I lifted the lid in relation to the smiley faces, which I had never noticed before) that my ink cartridge was empty!!

Embarrassingly for me, they were right.

Leepaci 09:19 05 Nov 07

Thanks for that Technotiger/Marko, I will get on to them and see if they can help.

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…