PDF - using hyperlinks in PDF

Mysticnas 12:00 24 Jun 05

Hi everyone,

Just a quickey I hope.

I've added a hyperlink in a PDF document i'm making but can't everytime i click on it it shows a general error message.

The link in pointing to another PDF on the network. Basically, i've coverted a Word Document into PDF and the link works find in the Word file. I just copied the exact same address for the link into the PDF but it doesn't work.

I've noticed that it's adding the local drive details infront of the correct URL ie file:///G|working%20space/joebloggs/\\foldername\anotherfoldername\sfdfsd\document.pdf

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all ;o)

mattyc_92 12:10 24 Jun 05

Have you tried looking at the options for your PDF "printer"? As MOST of them have an option to "automatically" transform links into... well.... links...

Mysticnas 13:21 24 Jun 05

Thanks for that, found the option ticked it and converted the file again.

It still doesn't point to the right place. This time however, it says "Cannot open file..."

It hasn't copied the link correctly i've noticed. It's pointing to the location where the file i'm working on is temporarily stored.

Any more ideas anyone?

I've got about another 20mins.

Thanks ;o)

Mysticnas 13:25 24 Jun 05

Thanks for that, found the option ticked it and converted the file again.

It still doesn't point to the right place. This time however, it says "Cannot open file..."

It hasn't copied the link correctly i've noticed. It's pointing to the location where the file i'm working on is temporarily stored.

Any more ideas anyone?

I've got about another 20mins.

Thanks ;o)

Mysticnas 14:07 24 Jun 05

Has been passed on, but i'm still open to suggestions for future reference.

Thanks

mattyc_92 14:11 24 Jun 05

The only thing that I can think of is to contact the company who made the PDF convertor for help (or try re-installing the program, which they will probably suggest first)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…