PDF trying to print

james66 20:10 13 Oct 10

This is driving me nuts !!!
when i'm saving a word document"save as " a PDF file it tries to print the file.But as i have no printer conected it keeps puting a error up.As far as i'm aware i cant remember doing anything or changing anything to make it do this .I'm runnig Vista .
Any help apreciated.

Nontek 20:28 13 Oct 10

Go to Control Panel>Printers and check that you do not have a PDF 'Printer' set as default.

james66 20:35 13 Oct 10

No i haven't got PDF printer as default.My Epsom printer is still showing as the default printer but i haven't got it conected to my lap top.I have been through the printer preferences and can't find anything.It's got to be something simple !!

Nontek 20:41 13 Oct 10

Try removing the default tick, so that none are shown.

james66 21:05 13 Oct 10

sorry Nontec but i don't seem to be able to remove the tick it looks like one printer has got to be default printer

Nontek 21:09 13 Oct 10

If you have more than one printer showing, try the tick in a different one.

james66 21:10 13 Oct 10

yes i have tried different printers as default but it's still the same .

Nontek 21:13 13 Oct 10

Clutching at straws but, try saving it as a normal Word .doc, then open it after so saving, then try the save as PDF again.

james66 21:17 13 Oct 10

Nope it now tries to print both documents .the original word document and the converted PDF file.

james66 21:22 13 Oct 10

Thanks Nontek ,I'll try again tomorow.Got to go !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…