A PDF question.

1936 14:24 06 Jun 09

I have found a book on Oxford that has not been published and I have the permision of the writers widow to attempt to get it published. It is in loose leaf format, roughly 400 pages and I scanned it in OCR and PDF.
Knowing little about OCR and PDF I then found that the problem with OCR was that it introduced a large number of erors which will take a long time to correct although it does allow flexability.
I found that the problem with PDF is that I can not edit it and what is worse I scanned it into PDF in five files because I was worried that I may loose the document just as I got to the end.
I know little about PDF although I do have Adobe Reader 7 on my computer so I have two questions:
1. Is it possible to connect the five PDF files together or am I obliged to go back to the very begining and scan the whole lot again?
2. If I wish to move the OCR document into a PDF format will I have to buy a PDF package or are there any free ones?

Charence 14:42 06 Jun 09

1) You can get a PDF 'printer' such as click here

2) What is the file format of your OCR document? Is it possible to use the above printer to make it into a PDF then merge it?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:42 06 Jun 09

click here

will merge / split /ammend

pdf files

Wak 11:06 07 Jun 09

I don't know if this is any use to you but if you contact "PublishAmerica" via their web site they will publish the book for you for FREE if it is worth doing.
You send them the book attached to an e-mail in .Doc format when requested (thus saving postage. packing and PDF problems) and they do everything required in publishing.
Best of Luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5