PDF printer has dissappeared

johnem 20:38 19 Nov 04

Hi gang, back for a little more help. System is running Windows XP pro with SP2. Everything seenmed to be OK until I tried to create a PDF file using Adobe Acrobat 5. The Distiller printer had dissappeared. Un-installed and then re-installed Acrobat 5, just incase file had become corrupted. It appeared to install the distiller section etc. Still no Distiller printer. Decided to install PrimoPDF, still no PDF printer available. Not sure what is preventing the PDF printer from either installing or being available. I wondered, probaly wrongly if this is something to do with SP2, as I have not needed tocreate a PDF for many months. Any ideas please.

johnem 21:58 19 Nov 04

VoG II 22:02 19 Nov 04

Is this in Word (which version of Word?.

€dstowe 07:25 20 Nov 04

Just for info. I use Jaws pdf and this works with SP2 - no problems at all.

johnem 17:05 20 Nov 04

VoG™, I am using Word 2002 SP3 in Office XP. I am not sure if I have tried to create any PDF files since upgrading from ME to XP pro. It just seems strange that the distiller printer has gone on holiday. Will keep on percevering to hopefully stumble across a solution.

javaBalls 17:10 20 Nov 04

I think this happened to me.

Try re-installing Acrobat 5. But this time don't go for the typical installation. Go for the Custom installation.

If my memory serves me right you should be able to select the distiller this way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…