PDF nightmare

Astrid 11:23 04 Nov 10

I run my computer on Windows XP SP3 and have few problems except that, more often than not, when I attempt to email a PDF file my computer crashes. I do occasionally manage to send it but nine times out ten my computer crashes before it gets to the Send button. Is it the software I'm using to convert (sometimes they're simply downloaded PDF already) or is it just a quirk that happens to most of us? I've heard that there are problems with PDF files, is this one of them.

shellship 12:11 04 Nov 10

Are you sending direct from Adobe or are you sending it as an attachment to an email? I always do the latter and have never had a problem.

Woolwell 12:26 04 Nov 10

I have never had that problem. However what anti-virus are you using? I wonder if the outgoing e-mail scan is the snag?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…