PDF Indexing

kinger 21:09 01 Mar 04

Readers can download PDF files from my site.

A file I worked on in the past was created from a MS Word document with an index that they could click on and it would take you to the page number clicked on.

This was very useful .. they chose a title from my index on the first page and would be taken directly to it.

However, after doing more work on the PDF document, it seems to have lost the feature of the index and now the links are dead.

Does anyone know how to make it so my index titles can be clicked on and work as before.

Many thanks K!

Pesala 23:25 01 Mar 04

I don't have Word, so cannot check, but in Serif Page Plus, publish to PDF, there is a checkbox for including bookmarks, among other things. click here

Check your PDF export dialogue box when creating the PDF file.

Pesala 23:25 01 Mar 04

I don't have Word, so cannot check, but in Serif Page Plus, publish to PDF, there is a checkbox for including bookmarks, among other things. click here

Check your PDF export dialogue box when creating the PDF file.

Forum Editor 23:27 01 Mar 04

in your document - they work in much the same way.

Forum Editor 23:27 01 Mar 04

in your document - they work in much the same way.

kinger 22:36 05 Mar 04

Thanks, I think that is how I created them last time ... using Serif. I then altered things and used MS Word, which is why I got confused when converting the document to PDF format.

I'll use tagged bookmarks now. Thanks again, both. Much appreciated.

I'll let you know when my book goes on sale (smile) Kinger!

kinger 22:36 05 Mar 04

Thanks, I think that is how I created them last time ... using Serif. I then altered things and used MS Word, which is why I got confused when converting the document to PDF format.

I'll use tagged bookmarks now. Thanks again, both. Much appreciated.

I'll let you know when my book goes on sale (smile) Kinger!

kinger 19:50 08 Mar 04

MS Word allows you to easily create a contents list. I then found that I could print using Adobe plug in 'Distiller'.

By setting it to use the same format as MS Word in the 'set up'page, I then transferred it to Adobe Acrobat 5.0 where it recognised the format.

Clicking on a page number then took me directly to that place in the book.

Thanks everyone.

kinger 19:50 08 Mar 04

MS Word allows you to easily create a contents list. I then found that I could print using Adobe plug in 'Distiller'.

By setting it to use the same format as MS Word in the 'set up'page, I then transferred it to Adobe Acrobat 5.0 where it recognised the format.

Clicking on a page number then took me directly to that place in the book.

Thanks everyone.

Forum Editor 19:59 08 Mar 04

it helps others to see how you resolved the problem.

Forum Editor 19:59 08 Mar 04

it helps others to see how you resolved the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…