pdf to html editor

onemadjock 16:15 12 Jan 04

Got some problems with pdf files. Need to extract the data from quite a lot of them and need to find a tool which will convert the document to html.

Problem is I've tried extracting the text from the pdf but when i do its all muddled and there is spaces in the middle of words etc.

Retyping them isnt really an option as i could be here till xmas doing it!

Thanks in advance

stlucia 16:37 12 Jan 04

If I understand you correctly, there's two steps to this. First need a pdf editor, which will allow you to edit (if you want) and then save the pdf file in another format, such as a Word file. JAWS would seem to do this, and there's a free download available on their web site.

Then you can edit edit the file as you wish, and (using Word for example) save it as an html file.

onemadjock 17:48 12 Jan 04

nah jaws didnt work - well i couldn't get it to work anyway.

Any other suggestions on pdf editors that can save it as in doc format?

stlucia 08:30 13 Jan 04

Adobe Acrobat (full version) is the obvious answer, but it's pricey. Any more offers?

Pesala 08:43 13 Jan 04

click here to read about it. Scansoft converts to PDF files to Word, from which you can create HTML files.

Pesala 08:45 13 Jan 04

PDF Converter enables you to edit ordinary PDF files - but not encrypted PDFs which were intended to secure documents that should not be changed or edited.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…