Pdf Files opening.

thumbscrew 20:53 10 Jul 08

I have both Adobe 7 and Foxit Reader installed. When I open a PDF File it opens only in Foxit. Can anyone tell me how to make Adobe my main reader?

rossgolf 21:32 10 Jul 08

right click>open with>adobe> then chek the box that says use this program to open this kind of file

bluto1 21:32 10 Jul 08

Can't you disable Foxit? I don't have the programme although I've heard it's good.

thumbscrew 21:45 10 Jul 08

Thanks both...rossgolf...right click??? On what pal?

DieSse 22:14 10 Jul 08

If you're on XP or later, you should by now have installed Adobe Reader 9.

uninstall all previous versions before you install the new version.

Version 9 is at last quite respectably quick.

DieSse 22:16 10 Jul 08

"...right click??? On what..."

On a pdf file - the context menu will open - choose "Open With" - Select Choose Program - Select the Adobe Reader - tick the box "Always use......"

thumbscrew 22:38 10 Jul 08

Thanks DieSse...it doesn't give me the option as you say..."Open With", just ")open". Then it opens in Foxit. I can't find any option to change to Adobe. Regarding the update to Adobe 9.0...this is a sore point. I don't want to keep 7.0 and I've been trying for a week to update to 9.0 with no success. I get an on screen "Network resource is unavailable, the older version cannot be uninstalled" Believe me, I've tried everything to uninstall...Add/Remove...Revo Uninstaller...system Restore, with absolutely no joy. Computers eh???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced