*.PDF Files

Mad Boy 16:53 02 Jun 03

IS there a way to open PDF files without Adobe Acrobat, i would prefer something more practical sort of speaking and possibly FREEWARE, Acrobat seems to be having some problem on my pc

leo49 17:01 02 Jun 03

Why not get the latest Acrobat 6 that's just come out - uninstall version 5 and give it a whirl?

Regards

Pesala 17:15 02 Jun 03

I use Acrobat Reader 5.1 on Windows ME, no problems, and very much improved over earlier versions, especially the rendering of line-art, which was atrocious before.

I don't imagine you are going to find anything better. It's like asking if there is any program that can handle Word Documents better than Word, and is also free. No chance.

Mad Boy 17:17 02 Jun 03

is it free though? Acrobat 6

leo49 17:21 02 Jun 03

The Reader is.

click here

Mad Boy 17:33 02 Jun 03

ok thanks, so the reader is free

Willow12 17:37 02 Jun 03

Yep

-pops- 18:22 02 Jun 03

Note that Acrobat reader is defunct. The last one was version 5 and I doubt if there will be another.

No, I haven't gone loopy - version 6 of the Adobe pdf reader is called Adobe Reader.

Is this the end of an era??;-))

Brian

Belatucadrus 22:36 02 Jun 03

I don't know if it counts as the end of an era, but reader 6.0 seems much faster than Acrobat 5, a great improvement, especially on large documents .

DieSse 22:39 02 Jun 03

And you can Save the info as RTF files, so no more messing trying to extract into from them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…