PDF files

monkeyshine 17:04 09 May 03

Are PDF files an Adobe exclusive or is there any other programme that will create PDF files?

Pesala 18:39 09 May 03

The format was developed by Adobe and they make the free reader, but many other programs will create PDF files.

I use PDF factory which is £36 Shareware click here and WordPerfect, Corel Draw, Photopaint can else export to PDF. Serif Page Plus PDF version is another one.

Adobe Distiller is a bit more powerful, but also more expensive.

Bandy 18:55 09 May 03

Try pdf995 at pdf995.com. I find it quite good and free.

monkeyshine 19:02 09 May 03

Thanks for the info.

monkeyshine 19:03 09 May 03

Thanks also.

_Treb_ 21:57 09 May 03

Another Pdf creator is Jaws and also My version of Textbridge pro allows me to create Pdf images from my scanner.

monkeyshine 00:36 11 May 03

Thanks for all replies but it appears that none of the programs permit EDITING of PDF files??

Wak 10:16 11 May 03

I think that is the whole point of making a PDF file, so that it can't be edited and changed by anyone who reads it.

_Treb_ 10:18 11 May 03

Bandy
Thanks g.reat

monkeyshine 12:26 11 May 03

So what you are saying is that if I create a PDF and then discover errors in it, I have to create a new one?

-pops- 12:49 11 May 03

It is normal to create a file in a conventional program such as Word and then convert to pdf. It is wise to retain your original for just those occasions you mention.

It is not normal (or even possible?) to create a file directly in pdf.

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…