PDF files

Tjsuk11 20:38 06 Mar 03

When trying to open a link to show a pdf file in ie6 i just recieve a small icon in the top left of the screen, the document won't open at all. Does anyone have any ideas.

MAJ 20:45 06 Mar 03

Do you have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer, Tjsuk11?

Tjsuk11 20:49 06 Mar 03

yes i have acrobat 5

shaduf 20:52 06 Mar 03

Yes - Tjsuk11

Click on the link with the Right Mouse Button.
From that Menu click on "Save Target As"
Don't forget to watch where it is going to be saved to.

Tjsuk11 20:55 06 Mar 03

Thats what i've had to do. I know its possible to open in ie6 as it was until yesterday. Don't know what changed it but there must be some setting somewhere.

MAJ 20:59 06 Mar 03

Open the Reader, go to Edit > Preferences > Options and tick all the web browser options.

Pesala 22:16 06 Mar 03

A friend had trouble opening a PDF in Internet Explorer. It was just big, so all he got was a blank white screen for ages until it downloaded enough to see it. Right-click and save target as is best. Otherwise, change to Opera as your browser. It is much quicker, and gives you the choice when you click on a PDF to open it in Acrobat Reader or save it as a file.

IE tries to open them with a plug-in, which slows things down, and can go wrong.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple