pdf files

athenrye 16:07 17 Aug 04

hi i cant seem to open any pdf file on the net
i have adobe reader 6 installed on my windows XP
all was fine some time ago but i tried to ope some docments today on a website or two and they wont open
any ideas?

VoG II 16:09 17 Aug 04

Right click, Save As and save to your hard drive. See if the saved files will open.

BIG ben strikes 10 16:26 17 Aug 04

i had the same problem i opened acrobat reader (6.0).whilst connected to the internet and it said would you like to asociate acrobat reader 6.0. and i clicked yes and then it started re-installing then i could view them in internet explorer.you try?.or you could re-install and see if there is any asociations on the way..ben

cherria 16:31 17 Aug 04

I've had this before or something like it.

Has it stopped altogether or can you view the first pdf file and then no more (this is what I had)

I found I had to go to task manager and kill adobe reader, then when I clicked th enext link it would open ok.

athenrye 17:03 17 Aug 04

hi Vog tried Right click, Save As and save to my hard drive, when the saved file opened it was with adobe photoshop elements 2?
it opened it like i would want to ammend it or something, too small to read.....
any ideas
not sure what big bens wants me to do
or cherrias answer either, im not getting any pages
help please

cherria 17:06 17 Aug 04

find the file you downloaded in explorer, right click and select open with.

There may be a sub option of choose program, if so selct this.

Find adobe reader or adobe acrobat reader from the list or click browse and track down the program and select it.

clicking ok should then associate adobe reader with the pdf file type.

VoG II 17:09 17 Aug 04

Right click on the file, select Open With on the pop-up menu, choose Adobe Reader and tick the box that says something like "Always use this program to open this type if file.

If that works, try on the internet again.

athenrye 17:25 17 Aug 04

yes that worked fine cherria, i opened it fine with the acrobat reader....
but i still cant open them in internet explorer.... any ideas
i hope i donr have to save them all before i can read them?

VoG II 17:30 17 Aug 04

Start Reader, Edit/Preferences, click on Internet on the left hand side. Tick all 4 Web Browser options.

athenrye 17:35 17 Aug 04

already done that vog
not loading in explorer when i click on a link........
any more ideas???

VoG II 17:41 17 Aug 04

Internet Explorer, Tools/Internet Options, Advanced tab. Make sure that Enable third party browser extensions is ticked.

Failing that, uninstall Adobe Reader using Control Panel, Add or Remove programs, then re-install it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…