PDF file-how can i open it>>>?!

moby58 18:56 10 Dec 04

receive my roster from work on a monthly basis.it is sent by email to my hotmail address.its a pdf file,and when itry to open it "adobe 6.0" comes up "file does not begin with %pdf"......help!im confused!how else can i open it?ive got all the recent adobe downloads.is there something else to open it?whats %pdf?

mattyc_92 19:04 10 Dec 04

Try re-installing Acrobat Reader to see if that help and/or try opening it on someone elses computer to see if it opens... If it DOES open on some-one elses computer, then consider doing a "FULL SYSTEM TEST" for traces of damaged/corrupt registry keys, files, viruses, spyware and bad sectors on the hard disk....

moby58 19:29 10 Dec 04

is there anything else apart from adobe?

VoG II 19:30 10 Dec 04

This sounds like the file is corrupted.

Diodorus Siculus 19:34 10 Dec 04

Error "...File does not begin with '%PDF-'" When Opening PDF File Sent Via E-Mail
click here

mattyc_92 19:37 10 Dec 04

There probably is, just "Google" it and see what comes up

Diodorus Siculus 20:25 10 Dec 04

-- Decode the PDF file using WinCode for Windows:

1. Download WinCode, which is available free from the Etresoft Web site at click here.

2. Start WinCode.

3. Choose File > Decode.

4. Select the PDF file with the .mim extension. WinCode will decode the file, give it a .pdf extension, and place it in the same folder in which the encoded version was stored.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…