PDF File

Thomo1 11:11 01 Jan 06

I have a document thats 232 pages long and i want to take bits out of it and copy it into a normal word document.

However it wont let me do it, I notice that the document is locked and encrypted.

How do i go about copying and pasting bits out of it?

Cheers

User-312386 11:28 01 Jan 06

You cant

A .PDF file is made so people can not delete part etc etc

ICF 11:31 01 Jan 06

You could copy the screen by pressing ctrl and the insert print screen key then pasting it into say paint or any other graphic software.

PaulB2005 11:31 01 Jan 06

Well you can wih the right (Adobe Acrobat - expensive - Not Adobe Reader) program but without the password you'll still not be able to.

kro 12:16 01 Jan 06

If you click "File", "Save as" one of the options is either "Save as text" or you can select the format (rich text format for example).

The resulting text only file can be coverted back into PDF by some of the free writers.
click here
click here
This method will lose images.

PaulB2005 12:22 01 Jan 06

"If you click "File", "Save as" one of the options is either "Save as text" or you can select the format (rich text format for example)."

Note if the the file is "locked and encrypted" then you won't have that option either.

DieSse 12:22 01 Jan 06

Print it - Scan it - OCR it - and you'll have the text in editable/copyable form.

Just as an aside, if it's been locked because it's copyright, be careful that what you do with the contents is "fair dealing".

kro 13:30 01 Jan 06

The free PDF wrtiters install as printers, so that the output that would go to a printer is instead converted to a PDF.

Printing the encryted document (if that is possible)in this way will create a new PDF without the encryption.

PaulB2005 13:36 01 Jan 06

Not if the creator has disabled printing for the document.

LivEviL 13:36 01 Jan 06

have u tried click here

PaulB2005 13:39 01 Jan 06

If the creator hasn't disabled printing it just results in a blank document when i tried it here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…