PDF download

Elrond 11:11 19 May 03

I have a problem where I can never get a PDF to show in my browser. If I click a link which goes to a page which is in PDF format, I just get an Image place holder icon thing in the top left corner. If I want to see the file I have to right click the link and save target as to download to my HDD and then view it. Any ideas why I cant view them in my browser? Thanks for your ime

otubby1 11:20 19 May 03

Just a thought... but have you got Adobe Acrobat Reader installed?

Elrond 11:30 19 May 03

Yes, as i said i can download the files to my HDD and then view them (in Acrobat) but not direct online

Belatucadrus 11:46 19 May 03

Elrond try this, open Acrobat reader, click on "Edit" then "preferences" go to "Options" and make sure the four web browser option boxes are ticked "Display PDF in browser" "Check browser settings when starting acrobat" "Allow fast web view" and "Allow background downloading". All are ticked on mine and the thing's working OK at the moment.

Elrond 12:35 19 May 03

Thanks Belatucadrus but they're all ticked.

_Treb_ 12:47 19 May 03

Check this older reply click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…