PDF Document received - Can I add text to it?

tAtu*! 13:24 31 Dec 10

Hi al, and a happy new year

I lost my phone and spoke to the insurance company who sent me a claim form via email in PDF format. Is there a way I can add text to the form thus enabling me to complete it in its PDF form and email it back? Or, will I have to convert it in some way? I have Office 2010 if that helps and Adobe Reader 9.

Thanks again

Tatu

john bunyan 13:27 31 Dec 10

Have a look here:

click here

john bunyan 13:29 31 Dec 10

I have Adobe Photoshop and you can edit a .pdf in that.

woodchip 13:33 31 Dec 10

PDF as to be run through OCR to be able to Edit Text

tAtu*! 13:44 31 Dec 10

thanks

I have looked but there does not seem to be a great i.e free. Do you use any PDF to Word online converters?

Thanks

tAtu*! 13:45 31 Dec 10

OCR? please excuse my ignorance but what is that?

Terry Brown 15:05 31 Dec 10

If you download FOXIT pdf, you can read the PDF document as standard , and it has an option to add a file to the PDF for your own input.

It also has many other advantages over Adobe software.
Terry

Taff™ 16:17 31 Dec 10

Download the file and save it to disk. Use PDF Exchange Viewer`s typewriter function to add text, save and send back as an attachment. click here

Optional - Remove Adobe Reader from your computer - not in the same league!

namtas 16:37 31 Dec 10

Another option, if you have a scanner is to print off the document, add the amendment and then save the doc back to your PC.

woodchip 20:17 31 Dec 10

OCR Optical Recognition software Some Flatbed Scanner Software includes lite programs.

Lite i.e not Full Programs

howard64 10:10 01 Jan 11

if you have serif pageplus, they do a free download of a slightly older version than current, it can import pdf files which can be altered/added to then saved back as pdf.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced