PDF Document

Abel 12:00 25 Apr 06

I have just the freeby 'Acrobat Reader 6' on my machine and would like to e-mail pages 11-28 of a 28 page PDF document I've received to a third party. Is it possible to do this and could I have your guidance please?

Abel

dogbreath1 12:52 25 Apr 06

You could use Jaws PDF Editor click here (14 day fully functional trial), to split the document. Then just attach the new doc as a file attachment to your email.

Belatucadrus 12:53 25 Apr 06

Reader can't edit a pdf file, so as a pdf file you're really stuck with sending the entire thing. The only way I know of sending a part of it, would be to copy the pages you require then paste to a Word or Text document, whatever word processor software you have. Problem with that is it would almost certainly muck up the layout and require some tweaking to get it to look the part.

danielsimmons 13:05 25 Apr 06

you also could down a pdf printer and then print the pages you needed in pdf and then send them.

Belatucadrus 13:28 25 Apr 06

danielsimmons pdf printer idea works just fine and is vastly better than my word idea. Use something like PrimoPDF click here. Open the document in Reader and print to PrimoPDF instead of your printer. Select the pages you want to keep then "Print" this will create a new Pdf consisting only of the desired pages, that you can then mail wherever you like.

Abel 14:06 25 Apr 06

danielsimmons and Belatucadrus thanks for your advice. I've downloaded PrimoPDF and printed the PDF document to file. However, PrimoPDF doesn't appear in my list of printers to be able to recreate the shorter page document I wish to e-mail. Clearly I've done something wrong, any suggestions?

Abel

Belatucadrus 15:56 25 Apr 06

Does PrimoPDF show up in your Printers and faxes folder, accessible via the Control Panel ?

Abel 17:06 25 Apr 06

Belatucadrus 'fraid not!

Abel

Belatucadrus 19:30 25 Apr 06

Try installing PrimoPDF again, somethings gone pear shaped in the install.

Abel 21:25 25 Apr 06

Belatucadrus I did just that but still no joy! The urgency has now gone out of the matter so I shall just print the pages I want and use old snail mail.I'll also check the 'Resolved' box to end the thread too

Abel

Arnie 23:42 25 Apr 06

Select the tool and using your mouse enclose the area you wish to copy. On releasing the mouse the selection will be copied to the Clipboard, from which it can be pasted into Word.

The tool works something like a virtual camera.

I have used this method to select and copy small sections of data and pages from PDF files, without having to print the whole PDF document.

You will have an exact copy of the selection with everything in order.

Arnie.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now