PDF – Convert to different format

collinsc 09:13 06 Nov 08

Hi

I have managed to scan something on a Kyocera printer and send it to my work e-mail – I now wish to edit the picture – simply by putting ‘markers’ on certain places and a little bit of text. I don’t think I can do this on PDF can i?

Am I therefore able to convert the PDF to a format which I can do this?

Also – I have been unable to rotate and save the rotated version. (I can rotate – but after saving and re-opening it just goes back to the initial version!)

Thanks kindly

MAJ 09:17 06 Nov 08

Did you scan it to PDF or is it now a jpeg, collinsc?

Technotiger 09:52 06 Nov 08

If you show the picture on screen, you could then take a screen-shot using click here which is Free for private use. Full editing and text addition, adding Arrows etc to 'point' at features of the picture.

collinsc 10:34 06 Nov 08

i scanned it - and it aoutomatically went to PDF... im guessing that is the only option - though i dont know for sure...

Thanks - ill check out that link - though the picture will then be so small it will be unrecogniseable i think

collinsc 10:49 06 Nov 08

due to restrictions we are unable to download from the internet. I have simply taken a screen shot (print scrn) - which works fine.
what app should i paste it into, so i can then edit it i.e. put arrows to particular places with comments. WORD - doesnt seem to work to well for this...

thanks

Taff™ 10:52 06 Nov 08

PDF Xchange Viewer click here has replaced Adobe Reader for me and it`s free. You can annotate, highlight & underline text and even add text using the typewriter feature. You can also add post it type notes. All of which makes it ideal for collaborating with colleagues.

Rahere 10:52 06 Nov 08

you need to paste into Paint or another image editing program, save the file and then insert into word or whatever program you are using.

collinsc 11:40 06 Nov 08

Thanks everyone - ive messed around with word and found a way it works - cheers - resolved

Technotiger 12:49 06 Nov 08

If you take a screen-shot with FastStone Capture you do not need to put it into any app to edit it - FastStone does it all!

collinsc 16:18 06 Nov 08

thanks - but we can't download it at work! and i cat take the info home (data security)
sounds ideal though

Technotiger 16:46 06 Nov 08

Fair 'nough :-)

Grreat to have on your Home PC though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac