pdf attachments won't open

pinnicat 00:43 25 Sep 04

in outlook on xpsp2, i have received an email with pdf attachments that my system refuses to open, complaining of not kmowing what created it.
i have instruction to create an affiliation in the folder options control panel. But i cannot see where this can be, or how it is performed.
any ideas.?....please

VoG II 00:52 25 Sep 04

I think that you mean "association".

Anyway, the easiest way to resolve this is to download and install the latest Acrobat Reader click here

pinnicat 01:07 25 Sep 04

Bang on....many thanks...forgot i might not have it already installed....(new machine)...thanks again.
mik

MD__ 20:59 26 Oct 05

I have the exact same problem and get the same error message. I have Acrobat 7 and if i right click the mouse and save the attachments i can go in and open them no problem, i just cannot do it from IE 6.....any ideas ?

Wak 09:46 27 Oct 05

When you install Acrobat it puts certain files into I.E.
If you then update I.E. these files are removed by MIcrosoft and you can no longer view PDF files in I.E.. Therefore you have to re-install Acrobat so that the files are replaced in I.E.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…