pdf attach in outlook express

jbaker65 14:08 30 Jan 04

I'm running Win 98se with OE6. I tried to send an e-mail to a friend in USA with a PDF attachment. It was returned with a comment 'OE has refused this dangerous attachment' What have I done wrong? Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

Diodorus Siculus 14:21 30 Jan 04

Save it as a zip file and send it; that way it should be ok.

Gingermum 17:11 30 Jan 04

In its infinite wisdom, Microsoft set OE 6 to delete attachments of certain file types. (zip is not one which is why it will get through.) Perhaps you can tell your friend to change his/her settings.
You can turn off this "safety" feature by clicking on the Tools menu and selecting Options. Click on the Security tab and uncheck the option "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened..."

jbaker65 10:20 31 Jan 04

This is sorted now. It turned out that my friend (who has several ISP accounts) had given me an address that has a limit on attachment file size. Another address accepted the e-mail with no trouble. Thanks for the suggestions.

doriena 11:49 03 Feb 04

When using internet explorer, if I try to open a page which is specified as being a .pdf file, it will not open. I just get a blank screen with a little multi-coloured square in the top left hand corner. How do I get these pages displayed?

Diodorus Siculus 18:04 03 Feb 04

doriena - try a new posting; as this one is ticked, it is unlikely to get a response.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5