dabthoms 10:57 03 Mar 03

I receive quite a few business email attachments. The ending of them is PDF. I do have Adobe Photoshop 6 and Acrobat Reader on my computer.
When I try to open them they go directly to Adobe Photoshop and I just get the resizing screen come up on it. The way I have been opening them is to save them to Desktop and then Open with Acrobat. Although this works is there a way to get them to open in Acrobat straight away instead of having to save them to disc etc.?

MAJ 11:02 03 Mar 03

You have to associate the PDF files with Adobe reader. To do that right click on one while holding down the Shift key on your keyboard and, from the context menu which appears, choose "Open With". Then navigate to the Adobe reader and select it. Also tick the little box which says something like "Always use this program to open files of this type". If you're using Windows XP, you wont need to hold down the shift key while right clicking.

Pesala 11:03 03 Mar 03

Windows Explorer, select any PDF file, Right-click, open with, choose Adobe Acrobat reader.

dabthoms 11:20 03 Mar 03

Many thanks Maj and Pesala that's the answer I needed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…