is this PDA worth it?

mad1234 10:24 01 Dec 07

i am looking at getting this PDAclick here
& i was wondering if
1 it is worth the price
2 it doesn't have windows mobile but has Palm OS 5.4 operating system. will this mean i am limited to just a few programs or can you get the same programs for palm OS & windows mobile?

thanks guys

tasslehoff burrfoot 10:29 01 Dec 07

I ould shop around, you should be able to get it cheaper elsewhere.

Is this the same one? click here

It lists Excel, Word etc so is not limited to only non-MS software

crosstrainer 10:49 01 Dec 07

Try an XDA from:

I have one, great battery and great perfomance :)

click here

mad1234 11:30 01 Dec 07

crosstrainer that looks fine but i don't want a one which is a mobile phone
what does XDA stand for anyway?

Woolwell 11:58 01 Dec 07

As Tasslehoff Burrf states shop around. The Palm site click here seems to have it cheaper but check whether this includes VAT. The site also lists software and other specs and is worthwhile reading.
I have an much earlier model Palm PDA and found it very reliable but have stopped using Word and Excel on it as I found the screen too small to be useful. I need Documents to Go to transfer Word/Excel and I suspect this model may need the same.
Whether it is good value depends on what you want to do with it. Mine is now really only used as an electronic diary, contacts list and note taker for which I find it to be good but a smartphone can do this.

John Ross 12:07 01 Dec 07

Great for a way of carrying around information you have downloaded onto it from your PC, but you can't use it like a notebook : too slow and error prone for typing etc.
The equivalents that run Windows are possibly a bit more flexible, but much shorter battery life.

I use a Palm, a separate mobile phone and an ultraportable notebook (Dell X-1), which means I have the best of all worlds, but each has to be paid for,synchronised, backed up, networked etc and each is a potential security breach. Most of my colleagues have gone onto Blackberries etc where they are phoning, writing and answering emails, doing simple word processing on their PDA, and the company pays for the connection contract.

mad1234 12:32 02 Dec 07

thanks for the advice guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…