PDA Wi Fi Networking

waylander69 18:18 03 Aug 05

Hi
Just got myself a new Dell Axim x30 nice little machine but I am trying to find out how to change the IP address for networking from its default 0.0.0.0 to one of my choosing
Can guru's out there know how ?
cheers
G :)

stalion 18:19 03 Aug 05

someone can probably help you on this but you should have posted in the network forum

selfbuild 18:45 03 Aug 05

If it's displaying 0.0.0.0 then i'm guessing that it hasn't picked up your wireless network, nor have you configured it to use the wireless.

Did you turn on the Wi-Fi on the Axim before you checked the IP address?

Perhaps a read of the manual would be a good idea as this tells you how to set it up.

waylander69 19:05 03 Aug 05

in the manual it say the wi fi should be compatable with auto selecting servers and this is my problem , I need to set a specific IP address for security within my networking system .

There isn't any referance within the help file other than I need to change the server IP address but it doesn't tell you where the settings are held !!

cheers

Forum Editor 19:10 03 Aug 05

your wireless network - all you have to do is tell it to connect to that network, and to make the connection the default. You'll be offered a dialogue box into which you can enter any authentication requirements for your network.

Or have I missed the point?

waylander69 21:23 03 Aug 05

You have missed the point slightly, for the security of the network I want to identify the IP of the pda, at present this is 0.0.0.0 ie the pda's post code if you like, my home network runs on 198.168.0.X

all my pc's have the IP address config'd by me otherwise if you let windows do it the IP address's aren't guarenteed to be the same and hence since I leave 1 pc connected to a printer I need access to that printer from all 3 remote pc's

hope this makes my problem a little clearer

many thanks for your suggestions

waylander69 11:34 04 Aug 05

Hi
Yes found the setting there , now I just have to sort the wep passwords out LOL
cheers
Many thanks

selfbuild 21:19 04 Aug 05

Unless i'm missing something, Windows doesn't allocate the IP address.... your wireless router does.

My other half has a ipaq 4150 which she uses to browse the 'net amongst other things using the wireless connection. She can also print to my HP 5850 printer which is connected to the my wireless router. The ip address for the ipaq is allocated by my wireless router and has never changed since day one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…