//some 3rd party need geo

PDA to P.C WiFi

Antz 00:27 12 Jan 05

This is doing my head in. I am not new to computers but this WiFi thing has me stumped. I have managed to get my PDA and P.C to 'see' each other on a 802.11b ad-hoc network. Signal strenght is good and all other 'vitals' are in order. According to all the information I have to hand when I select ' pocket internet explorer' I SHOULD be able to connect to and surf the internet on my PDA via the wireless link to my P.C. I have tried fiddling with all the settings I can get my hands on including firewalls with no success.I downloaded Microsoft's PDA settings wizard to no avail. My PDA is a Toshiba e740. What is wrong here, can anybody please point me in the right direction.

TomJerry 00:31 12 Jan 05

better to use a wireless router

Antz 00:40 12 Jan 05

Yes, did all that, I agree a router is the best option but I have my house wired for networking, I only want to use my PDA on a wireless link. There is no conflict with the wired network as I have yet to set it up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…