PDA network mapping

waylander69 23:53 06 Aug 05

Hi
Can anyone point me to a tutorial site or give me an idoits guide to mapping a network drive for a pda, using windows 2003 mobile, on an axim x 30,
Managed to get the pda networked to my wireless lan and can surf the net but haven't figure out how to browse shared files over my network
any help uch appreciated
cheers
G :)

waylander69 20:04 07 Aug 05

Hi
Just re read my earlier post and maybe I wasn't very clear on my problem, I have a wireless network and my pda connects to it, its using windows mobil 2003 , I can access the internet over the network fine no probs but can't figure out how to acces files and printers over the network from my pda , is a something special to do ?
On real pc's ie win 2000 and the majority of other operating systems its just a case of searching the network folder or mapping the network drive but can't seem to find the right buttons, can anyone help ?
cheers

scotty 11:08 08 Aug 05

In file explorer you will see three icons at the foot of the screen. Select the rightmost icon. This will bring up a dialogue box into which you type the name of the pc. e.g. if the pc is called MyPC, type \\MyPC

This should take you to the shared folders on the pc. I am working from memory so please accept that the instructions might not be exactly accurate!

waylander69 19:29 08 Aug 05

well that does the trick , so simple, yet so effective never saw that in any of the help files I've trawed.
many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…