PDA based Sat Nav

OhBeardedOne 12:32 08 Jul 04

I've been thinking about buying sat bnav for the car and note that there are a number of PDA based options. This would seem to kill two birds with one stone, but are they any good ?

OhBeardedOne 07:49 09 Jul 04

I guess that's a "don't know" then ?

accord 08:04 09 Jul 04

Patience OhBeardedOne

click here its on page 2 of helproom.

georgemac 08:09 09 Jul 04

well I don't know for sure but I think I have read they are pretty good. click here and get on the discussion boards and ask some questions.

click here also look at the garmin website - excellent products.

scotty 08:46 09 Jul 04

There is a review of GPS systems in PC Pro this month. These systems appears to be a cheap option if you already have a PDA.

Points to consider are:

You will need power cables to both the PDA and the GPS system;

Many GPS kits can only be used with one model of PDA;

Bluetooth versions are available which will be less restricted in terms of which PDA can be used with them.

accord 08:49 09 Jul 04

In issue 25 of PDA Essentials mag it mentions the Navman GPS PDA. go to click here and click on 29-04-2004 in the news section on the left hand side for more info

OhBeardedOne 12:11 09 Jul 04

Thanks for those...something to look at

OhBeardedOne 12:11 09 Jul 04

Thanks for those...something to look at

OhBeardedOne 20:26 15 Sep 04

Well chaps I invested in a Navman Pin and it satisfactorily navigated me through France, belgium, Germany and a bit of Austria; only once saying I was in a field !
Great bit of kit, thoroughly impressed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…