PDA Advice needed

Paul-has-more-of-a-clue...:@) 22:27 02 Jan 05

Hi gang,
I was given a hand held PDA for christmas, however it turns out it is no more than a glorified pocket organiser, whn what I need is something with pocket word. This is what I know, what I don't know is where to start. The gismo I had I have now taken back to Dixons and received £150 credit vouchers. What I need is a little advice as to what I should be looking for. I have no problems searching the internet for the best deals on any suggestion, but need some ideas. I would like to:
Word process, and connect to internet,...Not really bothered about flash fast gismo, just something I can write my novel on whilst I am travelling, and where i can get onto the internet
Any ideas...:)

ton 22:56 02 Jan 05

I have an Ipaq 2210.

This comes with a pocket version of Word.

Look for PPC's with Msoft Windows Mobile.

I'm very happy with mine.

HXP 23:28 02 Jan 05

I have an iPAQ 2200 as standard it is fully Word and Excel compatible it will aslo sync with outlook for all your names and addresses.

Lots of free software to do virtually anything (including games ) here

click here
and
click here

You can also play mp3's and play films on it once you have converted them using readily available software.

I have mine with a 256 mb sd card and a 512 mb CF card so lots of storage for the miniscule files it uses.

You can contril your television with it and your bluetooth phone.

Built in web browser and you can surf the web from the built in docking station.

4 hr battery life from supplied rechargeable batteries.

I have also got TOM TOM on mine and it is a fantastic GPS system ( about £140 extra.)

It is a full blown mini PC - great machine - shop around as some good deals on it as it is shortly to be replaced - but it is more than good enough and great to use ( I just brought a second one for my son)

HXP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…