donmar 15:35 30 Jul 03

Have appeared in aol download but nothing opens them.Any ideas anyone.Don

Bebee 15:40 30 Jul 03

Aren't they a graphics file? Try Paint.

donmar 15:50 30 Jul 03

Thanks Bebee.Hve tried paint.No good.Don

siouxah1 16:15 30 Jul 03

Don,

have had a look and find that they are Zsoft Paintbrush files.

Should be able to open them with Paintshop pRO7, uUlead Iphoto plus 4, Serif Photoplus 8.

If you do not have any of the above try Serif photoPlus5 which is free from their site. Or Irfanview which is another free prog.

There are probably many more.

Regards Brian j

siouxah1 16:58 30 Jul 03

Don,

try here for Irfanview free download.

click here

woodchip 17:59 30 Jul 03

They are graphics as JPG, you need a good program to look at them as PhotoShop, or Quick View Plus, Corel Draw

donmar 18:49 30 Jul 03

Thank you all.Downloaded Infranview and it works fine but I still can't open the images. How do you do that? Don

woodchip 19:56 30 Jul 03

you should be able to double click on file and choose the above software or browse to it

siouxah1 20:20 30 Jul 03

If you go to Irfanview and select FILE - OPEN a box will appear.

Go to 'files of type' towards the bottom.

Select little down arrow and window will open.

go down list untill PCX/DCX appears. Select this choice and all files of that type should appear in window. Select file and open.

The PCX/DCX is next below PCD.

Hope you succeed. I do not have PCX file so cannot confirm that it works. Belay that, have just made one and it works OK.

Regrads Brian j

donmar 21:47 30 Jul 03

siouxah1.Thanks and thank you to everyone. WhenI click on open I get a list of the three files again. when I select one and click open, up pops the infranview of the little i/f menu again. Then whatever I do it all goes round again. The only thing that I ever see is a tiny picture of a bears head whatever of the three files I click on. I did click on the PCX FILE option but it got the same result. Thease files first appeared in AOL Download Manager and I have no idea what they are.Don

woodchip 22:02 30 Jul 03

icons

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…