PCWorld software

Ankermi31 11:27 21 Feb 08

Picked up a disc in PC World regarding their lost data system (I know should use Acronis but..) I inserted the cd basically to see what it was all about and decided not for me so obviously did not register.

However to my horror the darn thing has obviously installed itself on the computer and I am getting a stream of messages saying to complete my registration. to which I click remind me later. Its no good closing on the x it immediately comes back.

I have managed to locate it in Explorer but it will not allow deletion saying it is in use.

Any ideas how I can uninstall please. It is not showing in My Computer.Install/Uninstall.

Thanks

Taff™ 11:34 21 Feb 08

If it is listed in the Start>All Programs list it may have it`s own uninstaller there. Option two is re-insert the disc and see if it gives the option to remove.

or system restore prior to the install.

Ankermi31 14:18 21 Feb 08

Hi Taff and Raven

Not listed in the Start.All Programmes neither is it on the disc. All that does is play the sequence telling you what its about then comes up with the registration screen. It never gave the option to install either.

Raven. Never thought of system restore. The PCW disco "loaded" on 16th the new keyboard on the 13th so assume I need to restore in between those two dates?

bstb3 14:23 21 Feb 08

you could try having a look in the processes running in task manger, just to see if you can kill it from there. If you can it may then let you delete it through explorer.

If it is starting itself up after reboot though then you likely also would need to remove it from the startup processes too to avoid any error messages in future

lisa02 19:31 21 Feb 08

Boot into safe mode and remove it.

START> RUN and type MSCONFIG.

Click the BOOT tab and tick the box beside SAFEBOOT. click APPLY and restart the computer.

You should be able to delete it now.

Ankermi31 20:42 21 Feb 08

RAVEN

Cannot get the Restore (prior to its installation) to work. Have tried 3 restore points and each time it has closed ok and rebotted with the message no changes have been made.

bstb3 > sure you mean well but I have no idea what you mean.

lisa02> tongue in cheek will give it a go!!

Ankermi31 22:10 21 Feb 08

LISA02

Phew that was a learning curve. OK did what you suggested and managed to delete it no problems.

Only problems I had was getting back to my desk top but then I am a Silver Surfer but managed it ok and yes I have typed out what I did just in case.

Many thanks for all your help everyone.

lisa02 22:50 21 Feb 08

To get out of safemode you go back and untick "safeboot".

Glad you're sorted now.

Ankermi31 09:05 22 Feb 08

Lisa02

Thought there was a safe way of getting out of it

Question: How do I "go back and untick "safeboot" as all I had was a blank screen with safe mode in each corner and I think something across the back. Probably had to click on one of the corners?

As you can see I am working ok this morning!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:41 22 Feb 08

boot into windows

START> RUN and type MSCONFIG.

Click the BOOT tab and UNtick the box beside SAFEBOOT. click APPLY and restart the computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…