pctsTray.exe-unable to locate component.

Conny 19:19 16 May 08

I downloaded Winclam anti virus and was not happy with it so used it's own un-installer to remove it. Now when I turn on my PC I get the following message, 'This application has failed to start because sdinfo.sdp was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.' I have to keep clicking the OK button before it eventually disappears and then my computer runs abysmally slow. Can anyone help me to correct this problem please?

brundle 19:23 16 May 08

ClamWin? Are/were you running Spyware Doctor too?

Conny 19:31 16 May 08

Hi brundle,
yes, it runs in the background I believe. I just shut down all the open applications I had running at the time and didn't realise I should have shut down 'the silent runners' as I call them. BTW, I am running XP Home with AVG 7.5, AVG Anti-Spyware,Spyware Terminator, Spyware Blaster, CCleaner, Ad-Aware SE Personal and IE 6 if this helps.

brundle 19:34 16 May 08

Re-install Spyware Doctor. Not sure you need quite that many anti-spyware programs.....

Conny 19:38 16 May 08

Thanks brundle, will do that and report back to you.

Halmer 19:45 16 May 08

If so just gt rid of it using this

click here

Conny 20:04 16 May 08

All systems up and running smoothly, thanks brundle.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…