pc's keep turning off for no reason

ozzy 123 19:35 04 Mar 05

Hi again every one thanks for your time again.
my children have both got computers in their rooms running on windows me but when they turn them on scan disc kicks in and searches for errors.
When its finnished it asks me if i want to restart active desctop when i click ok the pc,s freeze. i cant turn either of them off using the power button it will only restart with the restart button to turn them both off i have to pull the plug out.
just one of the pc's comes up with an error message saying; error accessing the registry
windows will repair the registry for you and then restart the computer. but this message is not shown on both pc's the other pc just freezes without the registry message.
many thanks in advance ozzy

stalion 19:41 04 Mar 05

are you running the same software on both computers that could be causing this ie; a game?

ozzy 123 19:53 04 Mar 05

no stalion the pc's are using differant programs

Jak_1 20:51 04 Mar 05

Have you tried running antivirus in safe mode?

stalion 21:04 04 Mar 05

scan both computers with this may have viruses or trojans etc click here

ozzy 123 21:53 04 Mar 05

I cant scan them because they wont stay on long enough to try it.
and i dont know how to start and run the antivrus in safe mode.

stalion 22:37 04 Mar 05

have you tried getting in to safe mode tapping f8 on boot up and is it xp on these computers?.If you can get in to safe mode try last known good configueration

ozzy 123 23:06 04 Mar 05

no mate there not running on xp

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…