pco ex graphics card

hi, i was read someone asking advise on settings for new grx card, i had on board mvid 6100le and bought 7600gt pcie card which plugged straight in no probs, i just checked my bios (first time) and on video there were 3 options, on board pci and pci e.
the one marked pci was ticked? guessing this was wrong i changed it to pcie, cant see any difference, is this now correct, is there any difference? i downloaded new drivers from file hippo yesterday would this have changed settings?
i know this isnt a real problem, im just curious.
tia adam

actually on games the picture is now much sharper, a lot better in fact

my question but it may help others!
whole system is now much faster the screen seems to change quicker the picture sharper, i wonder why the bios got it wrong?

terryf 01:59 08 Jan 07

I found on a similar theme that after installing win and letting it set up the usb and pci, I had some problems and went into Device Manager and un-installed them all and let windows find them and re-install, the system went better

well after the on board grx there was an improvement but this is 10 times better, in fact its like a new computer, so glad i checked, i have half life running and everest shows the gpu temp down by 4 degrees (oops) i thinl the gpu fan is quicker, but that maybe my imagination! the pictures graphics and text are definatly better much sharper

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…